Blog 2 - Scouting the Territory

     I still want to write about anxiety and depression among college students. I still need to do a lot of research, so I still don't know what aspect I am going to focus on. Potential topics I can talk about how to treat it, prevent it, and the exact causes of it. I might talk about all three, I am still not sure. There are a lot of websites that pop up when I search "anxiety and depression college students". A lot of the websites are to get help, which would not really help my research paper but there are also websites from psychology and others that can provide statistical information about my topic. The most important keywords are "anxiety", "depression", and "mental health". There are several articles on Google Scholar that I can use for my research paper. The titles of some say how to cope and the causes, which is what I am looking for. One idea I got from this is how cyberbullying plays into the mental health of college students. Before I looked some sources up I didn't even think about cyberbullying as being one of the factors.

    One of the scholarly articles I found was about academic stress and anxiety. The title of the article is called  "Academic stress, anxiety, and depression among college students: A brief review" by N Kumaraswamy. I was unable to provide the link because it is in the form of a PDF. The other source I found was here: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00221325.1994.9914782

Both of these links discuss how mental illness affects college students. I wouldn't say there is much controversy to this topic, most people can agree that mental illness affects the majority of students and that it is a serious issue that needs to be talked about.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 3 - Research Question and Sources

Blog 6 - Visual

Literature Review #4